Cisco 350 Series switches are designed to be easy to use and manage by commercial customers or the partners that serve them. They feature:
● Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA) is a network-level monitoring and management tool that can discover network topology, display link status, monitor events, apply configurations, and upgrade software images across multiple switches in the network.
● Cisco FindIT Network Manager and Probe are designed to manage Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches, routers, and wireless access points. The Manager lets you proactively manage the network instead of just reacting to events.
● Cisco FindIT utility, which works through a simple toolbar on the user’s web browser, discovers Cisco devices in the network and displays basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in configuration and deployment.
● One USB port on the front panel of the switch enables easy image and configuration transfer for faster deployment or upgrade.
● Graphical interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network and allow you to support sophisticated capabilities without increasing IT head count.
● Textview, a full Command-Line Interface (CLI) option, is supported.
● Using Auto Smartports intelligence, the switch can detect a network device connected to any port and automatically configure the optimal security, quality of service (QoS), and availability on that port.
● Cisco Discovery Protocol discovers Cisco devices and allows devices to share critical configuration information, simplifying network setup and integration.
● Support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows you to set up and manage your switches and other Cisco devices remotely from a network management station, improving IT workflow and mass configurations.
High Reliability and Resiliency
To assure that employees can always access the data and resources they need, the Cisco 350 Series supports dual images, allowing you to perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline or worry about the network going down during the upgrade.
Cisco 350 Series switches provide advanced security features you need to protect your business data and keep unauthorized users off the network:
● Embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protects management data traveling to and from the switch.
● Extensive access control lists (ACLs) restrict sensitive portions of the network to keep out unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
● Guest VLANs let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
● Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security tightly limits access to specific segments of your network. Web-based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint.
● Advanced defense mechanisms, including dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IP-MAC port binding (IPMB).
● IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard, and neighbor binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks on IPv6 networks.
● Time-based ACLs and port operation restrict access to the network during predesignated times such as business hours.
● Uniform MAC address-based security can be applied automatically to mobile users as they roam between wireless access points.
● Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch is able to process management traffic in the face of a denial-of-service (DoS) attack.
● Private VLAN Edge (PVE) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices on the same VLAN.
● Storm control can be applied to broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic.
● Protection of management sessions occurs using RADIUS, TACACS+, and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
● DoS attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack.
Power over Ethernet
Advanced PoE capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless, and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly and at a lower cost. The switch supports 802.3af PoE, 802.3at PoE+, and 60 Watt PoE.